Map: Silver Lake
Point to point courses in Pinckney Rec, starting from the Silver Lake parking area (Pinckney HQ will also work, then drive a little farther).
Pinckney Rec is great for beginners because many of the trail junctions have numbered signs, so if you get a little turned around, you can recover quickly and get back on track with their help. Orange and up will enjoy Pinckney for its epic hills and great route choice options - can you successfully do an off trail short cut, or are you better off taking the long way around?
- White: 2.3 km, beginner friendly, points on trails, takes 30-60 minutes to walk
- Yellow: 3.0 km, good if you've done a White before, or have some previous experience, or if compass and the map click, points off trails but visible from trails, more decisions than White, takes 60-120 minutes to walk
- Orange: 4.0 km, off trail points on larger features, takes 90 to 150 minutes to walk with a few mistakes
- Green: 5.7 km, off trail points on small features in complicated terrain, takes 120-180 minutes to walk with a few mistakes
- Red: 7.1 km, off trail points on small features in complicated terrain, takes 120-210 minutes to walk with a few mistakes
This is a DNR park, so be sure to have a Recreation Passport or else self-register on the way to the park (park office will work, it's just before the Silver Lake lot on the drive in). Most of our events are on MI DNR land, so checking that $11 box on your plate renewal is not a bad idea!
Cost Members $10 Day of registration, $15 non-members day of registration. $5 extra maps